How to Remove McAfee
- Type Programs and Features on your Windows Start Screen and select it from the list of results.
- Locate the McAfee program you want to uninstall in the list of programs.
- Right click the McAfee program and choose uninstall.
- Select the check boxes for the items you want to remove, then click Remove.
How to Remove McAfee antivirus on Any Devices
IMPORTANT: If your McAfee product came preinstalled on your PC:
- Activate your McAfee subscription before you try to remove your product.
This action ensures that you keep your right to use the product (license) without having to buy a new subscription.
- To activate the McAfee software that came preinstalled, see
Download and run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR)
- Always download a new copy of MCPR before each use.
This ensures that you have the latest version, and that newer McAfee products can be successfully recognized.
- MCPR cleans up only the components needed for reinstallation. It is not designed to clean up 100% of components.
- Completing this step requires a restart.